23 February, 2023 - Amsterdam, the Netherlands
This one-day program is devoted to all aspects of the concomitant surgical treatment of AF. Topics covered include:
– Evidence for surgical AF ablation and the effect on patient outcomes
– Effective treatment strategies based on the underlying pathology
– Surgical techniques using different energy sources to improve the results of concomitant ablation in different types of procedures
– LAA Management
You’ll practice different techniques and approaches and perform a complete Maze IV on a simulation model.
Your trainer will provide tips on becoming an effective AF surgeon and show you how to avoid pitfalls in different settings.
At the end of the training program, you’ll be able to discuss upcoming cases with a trainer to identify the right strategy for your patients.
Cardiac surgeons who have the desire to start an AF program or want to optimize their current practice.
Number of attendees
Timo Weimar, M.D.
Bart Van Putte, M.D.
De Entree 260
1101 EE Amsterdam
Hotel bookings will be allocated on an individual basis, and you will receive a reservation confirmation by email. Please check your travel details tab in your AF Connect dashboard for your details in advance of your travel. Accommodation will be provided close to the training venue
8:45 am - 8:45 am
Arrival at AtriCure's headquarters
9:00 am - 9:30 am
Introduction to Maze IV Education Program
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Electrophysiological pathology
- Patient selection
- Surgical techniques and lesion patterns
- LAA management
- Pre- and postoperative care
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
12:45 pm - 3:00 pm
Hands-on with Cryo and RF energy on AtriCure's beating heart simulation model
LAA management with AtriClip
3:00 pm - 3:00 pm